The potential damage that can result when plumbing leaks occur is devastating to a homeowner. Even a minor plumbing leak can cause mounds of trouble and expense to repair. Although the rise of a leak is always there, it is much easier to keep your system in good condition and working the way that it should when you understand the common causes of plumbing leaks and work to prevent them from occurring at your home.
Some of the most common causes of plumbing leaks include:
· Corrosion: When pipes begin to corrode, rust starts eating away at the pipes, which creates holes and openings that lets water escape.
· Seals: Seals and gaskets within the plumbing system can loosen at any time and when they do, water is bound to seep through.
· Cracks: Faucets and pipes that are connected together can crack and a leak is usually the result. Cracks in such a system usually occur as the result of an impact to the fixture, but it is one of the minor plumbing repair knoxville tn plumbers can resolve in an instant.
· Water Pressure: High water pressure may seem like a great thing when you’re taking a shower and the water is plummeting down on you, but it causes many risks in your piping system, including a potential bust.
· Clogs: if a clog in your pipes isn’t repaired as soon as possible, it can lead to serious problems. Household chemicals, if used, can cause holes in the toilet and the pipes. Have a plumber come out with a snake to repair the issue.
So there you have it. A look at the most common causes of plumbing leaks in the home. Don’t spring a leak without the knowledge of how to handle that problem! It could lead to more hassle that you want to endure.